View Rahoul Baruah's profile on LinkedIn Basecamp project management and collaboration

The blog of Rahoul Baruah from 3hv Ltd

What's going on?

My name is Rahoul Baruah (aka Baz) and I'm a software developer in Leeds (England).

This is a log of things I've discovered while writing software in Ruby on Rails. In other words, geek stuff.

However, I've decided to put this blog on ice - I would ask you to check out my business blog here (or subscribe here).

25 April, 2006

Stuff FastCGI - I'm moving RForwards!

The first version of RForward, my ISAPI DLL that bypasses FastCGI and makes running Rails through IIS simpler, is almost in the beta stage.

As described before it sidesteps the FastCGI issue by running as a proxy. A request (only GET or POST for now) comes into IIS, is rewritten to RForward, which forwards the request to one of the many WEBrick/Mongrel instances you have running in the background. By running multiple ruby processes we avoid the synchronisation lock in ActionPack (that means Rails can only deal with one request at a time), by using an existing ruby-friendly web-server we avoid all the nasty configuration issues with FastCGI.

I'm just working on WEBrick Service Installer (that will automate the setup of multiple Windows Services for WEBrick) - but if anyone wants it early, let me know (my email is the same as my MSN).

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker