View Rahoul Baruah's profile on LinkedIn Basecamp project management and collaboration

The blog of Rahoul Baruah from 3hv Ltd

What's going on?

My name is Rahoul Baruah (aka Baz) and I'm a software developer in Leeds (England).

This is a log of things I've discovered while writing software in Ruby on Rails. In other words, geek stuff.

However, I've decided to put this blog on ice - I would ask you to check out my business blog here (or subscribe here).

22 June, 2006

Deceased

It's finally happened. My 12" Powerbook G4 refuses to boot. The drive is making a grinding noise. This is after the CD drive gave up the ghost, about nine months ago, and the battery refused to charge beyond twenty minutes, about a year ago.

So we've ordered a Core Duo Mac Mini (the Powerbook had been operating as a desktop machine for the last few months) - I played with one in the shop and the UI is noticeably more responsive. And I've ordered a replacement drive for the Powerbook (I'm not giving up on it that easily). However, every report I've seen on the web suggests that fitting a drive into a 12" Powerbook is a right bugger. I guess I'll find out soon enough ...

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker