View Rahoul Baruah's profile on LinkedIn Basecamp project management and collaboration

The blog of Rahoul Baruah from 3hv Ltd

What's going on?

My name is Rahoul Baruah (aka Baz) and I'm a software developer in Leeds (England).

This is a log of things I've discovered while writing software in Ruby on Rails. In other words, geek stuff.

However, I've decided to put this blog on ice - I would ask you to check out my business blog here (or subscribe here).

11 September, 2006

Django

I've noticed an increasing number of referrals from Django newsgroups and sites. Welcome!

Does this mean that Django is building enough of a critical mass that people are moving from the "enthusiast" stage to the "how do I get this out into the real world" stage? Exactly where I was, with Rails, about a year ago?

I hope so. Python is good. Most of the time I think Python code looks better than Ruby code. And looks are important. But Django does not look as good as Rails and nothing beats blocks and the Smalltalk collections.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker