View Rahoul Baruah's profile on LinkedIn Basecamp project management and collaboration

The blog of Rahoul Baruah from 3hv Ltd

What's going on?

My name is Rahoul Baruah (aka Baz) and I'm a software developer in Leeds (England).

This is a log of things I've discovered while writing software in Ruby on Rails. In other words, geek stuff.

However, I've decided to put this blog on ice - I would ask you to check out my business blog here (or subscribe here).

29 November, 2006

Functional Testing of Forms and AJAX

Ever run into problems testing your forms? Your test works every time so you confidently demonstrate it to someone and the actual user-interface fails. This happened to me today - I renamed a parameter, changed the test but forgot to change the form - so my demo did absolutely nothing. It looks like form_test_helper is what I need.

And as for testing those pesky RJS calls - stick it up your ARTS. A nice convenient syntax for checking that the Javascript in your template is doing what you think it should be doing (much better than hunting the log files).

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker