View Rahoul Baruah's profile on LinkedIn Basecamp project management and collaboration

The blog of Rahoul Baruah from 3hv Ltd

What's going on?

My name is Rahoul Baruah (aka Baz) and I'm a software developer in Leeds (England).

This is a log of things I've discovered while writing software in Ruby on Rails. In other words, geek stuff.

However, I've decided to put this blog on ice - I would ask you to check out my business blog here (or subscribe here).

07 November, 2006

Links for today

Getting Started: The reality is that you pay bills with cash, so focus on cash flow. If you know you are going to bootstrap, you should start a business with a small up-front capital requirement, short sales cycles, short payment terms, and recurring revenue.

Marketing for Geeks: I may not know all the intricacies of blog technology even though I’ve been using computers for twenty years but I do know a little bit about business. I’m not dumb, but today you did a really good job of making me feel dumb and I know that making your potential users feel dumb is really not good for business.

Sales Forecasting: Figure out how many business development and sales meetings you can get per week—that is, four or five. Then multiply this number by the percentage that will be successful. Then add six months to close the deal.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker