View Rahoul Baruah's profile on LinkedIn Basecamp project management and collaboration

The blog of Rahoul Baruah from 3hv Ltd

What's going on?

My name is Rahoul Baruah (aka Baz) and I'm a software developer in Leeds (England).

This is a log of things I've discovered while writing software in Ruby on Rails. In other words, geek stuff.

However, I've decided to put this blog on ice - I would ask you to check out my business blog here (or subscribe here).

11 April, 2007

Whining about 37signals (part 2)

Does your product pass the Subway Test?

The key fault with Basecamp is that people have to use it for it to be useful. And clients, in particular, are happier using e-mail. My number one improvement would be to create project-specific e-mail addresses - so clients could e-mail the project (the mail becoming a message or comment - although how it tells is something for the smart people to figure out). And I did put that in my customer satisfaction survey.

There used to an old joke about software - it's not finished till it does e-mail. Unfortunately, it's funny 'cos it's true. My application, when it goes live, has full in-built e-mail support - it's just a necessity.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker