View Rahoul Baruah's profile on LinkedIn Basecamp project management and collaboration

The blog of Rahoul Baruah from 3hv Ltd

What's going on?

My name is Rahoul Baruah (aka Baz) and I'm a software developer in Leeds (England).

This is a log of things I've discovered while writing software in Ruby on Rails. In other words, geek stuff.

However, I've decided to put this blog on ice - I would ask you to check out my business blog here (or subscribe here).

12 June, 2007

OpenStepppahh

This post was written using Safari for Windows.

To be honest, it feels a bit weird. There are bugs (cannot import my bookmarks and it made everything freeze for about a minute) but the anti-aliasing is nice and (ugly menu-bar apart) it is much the same as Safari for the Mac.

Obviously, this is all about the iPhone and its non-existent SDK. Plus, as Gruber points out it could make Apple a shed-load of money.

But the interesting thing to me is that it suggests that Apple have kept OpenStep for Windows development on a par with Cocoa. It is presumably the same code-base (even down to sheets instead of dialogue boxes). So what else could Apple unleash with a click of a check-box in XCode? Those fat binaries just got fatter.


UPDATE: It doesn't like tags in the "Edit Html" mode of Blogger
UPDATE 2: It does let you use "Compose" mode (which Safari 2 did not)

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker