View Rahoul Baruah's profile on LinkedIn Basecamp project management and collaboration

The blog of Rahoul Baruah from 3hv Ltd

What's going on?

My name is Rahoul Baruah (aka Baz) and I'm a software developer in Leeds (England).

This is a log of things I've discovered while writing software in Ruby on Rails. In other words, geek stuff.

However, I've decided to put this blog on ice - I would ask you to check out my business blog here (or subscribe here).

05 June, 2007

RubyMicrosoft

As you probably know, this blog started out with an exploration of using Rails on IIS. It has brought me a lot of traffic, some nice emails and IM chats and a warm fuzzy feeling as I read the comments saying how much help my article has been.

But I gave up on Rails on IIS a while back. Not because it wasn't possible, not because I'm anti-MS, but because I got tired of feeling like I was swimming against the tide as I tried to configure Ruby and Rails. Oh, and I can use Capistrano too.

This does have knock-on effects for Microsoft. My new project will not be running on a Windows server any time soon. It won't be using IIS or SQL Server. I've left them behind. And, today at least, I don't miss them.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker