View Rahoul Baruah's profile on LinkedIn Basecamp project management and collaboration

The blog of Rahoul Baruah from 3hv Ltd

What's going on?

My name is Rahoul Baruah (aka Baz) and I'm a software developer in Leeds (England).

This is a log of things I've discovered while writing software in Ruby on Rails. In other words, geek stuff.

However, I've decided to put this blog on ice - I would ask you to check out my business blog here (or subscribe here).

29 December, 2007

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be

I gave away my iMac G3 a few weeks back. I wiped all my personal details off the machine and gave it to Freecycle. But in order to wipe my personal details I had to boot it into OS9 - and it has to be said that it's still better than OSX.

A 500Mhz 512Mb G3 is more responsive (not necessarily faster) than my dual 2.3Ghz 2Gb MBP.

The consistency of the UI, the simple rules (start at the top left and flow to bottom right - which is why the Apple menu and trash can are where they are) and the fact that you had acres of screen space at 1024 resolution.

I miss both the machine and the OS. Sometimes progress isn't all it's made out to be.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker