View Rahoul Baruah's profile on LinkedIn Basecamp project management and collaboration

The blog of Rahoul Baruah from 3hv Ltd

What's going on?

My name is Rahoul Baruah (aka Baz) and I'm a software developer in Leeds (England).

This is a log of things I've discovered while writing software in Ruby on Rails. In other words, geek stuff.

However, I've decided to put this blog on ice - I would ask you to check out my business blog here (or subscribe here).

05 December, 2005

Aarrrghhh!!

I'm not having a good day.

I'm busy updating my site to use Rails in its entirety. I need to store some values in sessions - simple, think I.

session[:booking_id] = booking.id
will do the trick.

Yet every time I navigate to the page that does the following
booking = Booking.find(session[:booking_id])
the application bombs out with a cannot find Booking with a null ID.

Eventually, I look at the C:/Windows/Temp folder on the machine running WEBrick. And every single request from Camino is starting a new session! No wonder I cannot access the data I stored in there!

I have no idea why this is happening - everything looks fine in Firefox (Windows) and Safari (Mac). A quick test in IE 6 (Windows) shows it working there as well (although I can't find the session file that WEBrick created?!?

This is made even worse by the fact that Safari no longer opens my favoured home page after a recent security update.

Arses. It's just happened with Safari now. Or has it? Ruby Session files seem to be appearing in both C:/Windows/Temp and C:/Documents and Settings/rahoul.baruah/Temp ... which is the correct one? And would it help if I just switched to ActiveRecordStore?

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker