View Rahoul Baruah's profile on LinkedIn Basecamp project management and collaboration

The blog of Rahoul Baruah from 3hv Ltd

What's going on?

My name is Rahoul Baruah (aka Baz) and I'm a software developer in Leeds (England).

This is a log of things I've discovered while writing software in Ruby on Rails. In other words, geek stuff.

However, I've decided to put this blog on ice - I would ask you to check out my business blog here (or subscribe here).

05 December, 2005

Services

First off, the URL rewriter causes problems with the WSDL file - the rewriter looks for URLs with no full stops in them - of course, by default the WSDL is available from "service.wsdl" - so I need to change that.

Secondly, I'm going to write this site in Rails, with no web service component for now. Unfortunately, that does mean that the service will have to be written in ASP.NET eventually. I'm hoping that XML Mapping will make it nice and easy for me to write Rails front ends to an ASP service that returns .NET datasets. I'd still prefer to have the entire thing done in Ruby though.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker