View Rahoul Baruah's profile on LinkedIn Basecamp project management and collaboration

The blog of Rahoul Baruah from 3hv Ltd

What's going on?

My name is Rahoul Baruah (aka Baz) and I'm a software developer in Leeds (England).

This is a log of things I've discovered while writing software in Ruby on Rails. In other words, geek stuff.

However, I've decided to put this blog on ice - I would ask you to check out my business blog here (or subscribe here).

09 June, 2006

RForward 0.2

New release is available here.

I have not used this on a live site yet.

4 comments:

Tim Morgan said...

First of all, this is great! You rock!

It works for me, kinda. I see it doing the work in the background (fetching from webrick), but the page comes back blank when piped through IIS. Weird. Could be something on my machine (XP), though.

And I'm confused... you say it runs on .Net 1.1., though your instructions say to use the aspnet_isapi.dll from .NET 2.0. I, too have both installed. On the 2.0 version, I get the phenomenon described above. When I use the 1.1 aspnet_isapi.dll, I get "bad URI `//test'" from webrick.

So, like I said, it works, kinda.

Anyway, I look forward to your continued development on this project. Thanks for your contribution to the Rails community.

Baz said...

Cheers Tim! Unfortunately, I can't take much of the credit for the .Net version.

I only had .Net 2 on there as I had to install VS2005 for work. But the code doesn't compile in .Net 2 but does in .Net 1.1. However, I never thought to route it to the other runtime.

I will give it a go. I will also add some logging to the class to help pinpoint where your page is being lost. It may be a couple of days though.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I got the exact same problem as Tim. Did you guys manage to find anything in the end, Baz?

Baz said...

Sorry - I've been busy with other stuff lately. I will let you know as soon as I get a chance to look at it.

eXTReMe Tracker