The blog of Rahoul Baruah from 3hv Ltd

What's going on?

My name is Rahoul Baruah (aka Baz) and I'm a software developer in Leeds (England).

This is a log of things I've discovered while writing software in Ruby on Rails. In other words, geek stuff.

However, I've decided to put this blog on ice - I would ask you to check out my business blog here (or subscribe here).

20 July, 2006

Baby got back

My Powerbook is back from the repair shop. A brand new 5400 RPM drive and a fresh installation of Tiger. Nice. Unfortunately the CD drive still does not work but things feel pretty good. We're a three Mac household now!

Speedwise the Powerbook feels faster than I remember it (probably down to the faster drive). However, I have noticed a number of beachballs - something that doesn't happen on our (Intel) Mini.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker