View Rahoul Baruah's profile on LinkedIn Basecamp project management and collaboration

The blog of Rahoul Baruah from 3hv Ltd

What's going on?

My name is Rahoul Baruah (aka Baz) and I'm a software developer in Leeds (England).

This is a log of things I've discovered while writing software in Ruby on Rails. In other words, geek stuff.

However, I've decided to put this blog on ice - I would ask you to check out my business blog here (or subscribe here).

20 July, 2006

Do the Locomotion

Rather than go through the rigmarole of installing Ruby on Rails on the Powerbook I've decided to go with Locomotive.

Basically this is a Mac Application Bundle, containing a version of Ruby, an installation of Rails and various other bits and bobs, all underneath a single .app. Start Locomotive, select Terminal and it starts a bash session with all your paths predefined to the ruby/rails installation within the bundle.

All in all, a much simpler installation. I've not used it for any serious development so we'll find out if it lives up to its initial promise.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker